3. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT. The Sites contain a variety of information, including (without limitation) information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, that you upload, post or otherwise provide in connection with the Sites (“Content“). Much of the Content on the Sites is not available for downloading, such as our copyrighted works that we do not distribute or works of others that we are not permitted to distribute. However, we also may have Content that if so designated may be downloaded by you pursuant to these Terms. YOU MAY REVIEW, DOWNLOAD, COPY, DISTRIBUTE AND USE THE AVAILABLE CONTENT SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF FURTHERING YOUR MISSION IN THE ORDINARY COURSE OF YOUR GOVERNMENTAL OR CHARITABLE PURPOSE AND ATTENDANT OPERATIONS. YOU MAY NOT SELL THE AVAILABLE CONTENT OR OTHERWISE DISTRIBUTE IT FOR A FEE. YOU WILL NOT USE OR DISCLOSE IT OR THE SITES TO ANY THIRD PARTIES EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY THESE TERMS.
This Sites are controlled by us from our offices within the United States of America. If you choose to access these Sites from locations outside the U.S. you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with any local laws. You may not use or export anything (including information) from the Sites in violation of U.S. export laws, regulations or the Terms.
4. USER CONTENT. You grant The Foundation a license to use the materials you post to the Sites. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Sites, you are granting The Foundation, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of The Foundation, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that The Foundation may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Sites, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Sites, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Sites is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or Content in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
6. FEEDBACK; YOUR LICENSE TO US. We hope that you will provide your Feedback (as defined below) so that we may better support, improve and pursue our charitable mission. However, you agree that you will not supply Feedback that infringes or violates the rights of others, and you hereby grant a License to the Foundation (as defined below) in your Feedback. You agree that we have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for Feedback or for the License to the Foundation. “Feedback” means all remarks, data, suggestions, methods, surveys, reports, processes and ideas (including patentable ideas) and other Content that you provide by using the Sites or provide about it, Content or any aspect of our mission or operations, whether provided to us or persons working with us or the Feedback, and whether provided through the Sites or media such as a chat room, survey, report, grant, software tool, bulletin board or otherwise.
As used above, “License to the Foundation” means a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to the Foundation to exercise all now or later existing intellectual property rights or other rights of yours or others in the Feedback, for purposes of supporting the Foundation’s charitable purposes (as determined by us in our discretion from time to time) in full or in part and in all possible media (now known or later developed). The foregoing rights include (but are not limited to), the right to display, perform, read (on air or otherwise), and publish in public or private sites, newspapers or other media, brochures, reports and so on, all or part of the Feedback and any other information that you provide through or relating to our Sites or the Content. The License to the Foundation is in addition to any (if any) that you may be required to provide under any separate agreement between us and you (including grants or other agreements).
8. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. The Foundation has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Sites. The Foundation has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any user of our sites who is found to have infringed on the rights of The Foundation or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. The Foundation’s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want The Foundation to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide The Foundation with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit The Foundation to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit The Foundation to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to The Foundation’s designated agent at:
Cameron Champ Foundation
12657 Alcosta Blvd, Suite 400
San Ramon, CA 94583
10. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Foundation and Third Parties, from and against any and all losses, damage, liability and costs of every nature incurred by any of them in connection with any claim, damage or loss related to or arising out of: the Content, use of the Sites or related sites, any assistance or services provided by us or Third Parties, any alleged unauthorized use of the Sites, or any breach or alleged breach by you of these Terms. You agree to cooperate fully in the defense of any of the foregoing. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to control exclusively the defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you will not settle any matter without our consent in a non-electronic record. Your obligation to indemnify, defend and hold harmless shall be limited to the extent that you are afforded sovereign immunity under applicable federal, state or local laws. In such cases where your obligation to indemnify may be limited due to the requirements of federal, state or local laws, you shall be responsible for the ordinary negligent acts and omissions of your agents and employees causing harm to persons not a party to this agreement.
11. NO WARRANTIES. THE FOUNDATION HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. THE FOUNDATION IS MAKING THE SITES AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE FOUNDATION EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
12. LIMITED LIABILITY. THE FOUNDATION’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITES OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY THE FOUNDATION. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
15. PROHIBITED USES. The Foundation imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Sites. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Sites, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Sites, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Sites, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Sites to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Sites; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by The Foundation in providing the Sites. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
17. COPYRIGHT. All contents of the Sites are: Copyright © 2020 Cameron Champ Foundation and Copyright © 2020 Mack Champ Invitational. All rights reserved.
20. LEGAL AND OTHER NOTICES OR DISCLOSURES. NOTICE TO YOU: You agree that we may give all notices we are required to give you by posting notice on the Sites or, if we have your email address, by sending notice by email at our discretion, including (without limitation), disclosures that we are required to give you, legal notices, notice of subpoenas or other legal process (if any), and all other communications. When we communicate by email, we may use any email address you provide when communicating with us or that we otherwise have in our records, so only supply to us an email address at which you are willing to receive all communications, including “legal” or potentially sensitive communications such as information about a job or grant application. You agree to check for notices posted on the Sites.
Notice to Us (Our Legal Notices Address): We receive many emails and not all employees are trained to deal with every kind of communication. Accordingly, you agree to send us notice by mailing it to the following:
Cameron Champ Foundation
420 Aviation Blvd, Suite 201
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Attn: Ronald Wargo
Notice: No Harvesting or Dictionary Attacks Allowed. The Foundation will not give, sell, or otherwise transfer addresses maintained by it to any other party for the purposes of initiating, or enabling others to initiate, electronic mail messages except as authorized by law or appropriate Foundation personnel or policies. Except for parties authorized to have such addresses, persons may violate federal law if they: (1) initiate the transmission to our computers or devices of a commercial electronic mail message (as defined in the U.S. “CAN-SPAM Act of 2003”) that does not meet the message transmission requirements of that act; or (2) assist in the origination of such messages through the provision or selection of addresses to which the messages will be transmitted.
Notice Regarding Trademarks. The trademarks used in the Sites are owned by (1) the Foundation or (2) their respective trademark owners, and are either trademarks or registered trademarks of the Foundation. The names of actual companies and products mentioned in the Sites may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You may not use any of the above or other trademarks displayed on this Sites or in any Content. All rights are reserved.
Notice of Availability of Filtering Software. We do not believe that the Sites contain materials that would typically be the subject of filtering software and minors are not authorized to visit our Sites. Nevertheless, all users are hereby informed that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
21. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Sites should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by The Foundation or by any third party.
22. CALIFORNIA USE ONLY. The Sites are controlled and operated by The Foundation from its offices in the State of California. The Foundation makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Sites should not be construed as The Foundation’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than California.
Effective Date: March 5, 2020